- 1 butternut squash, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning Granulated garlic, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1 slice low-fat provolone cheese, julienned
- Canola or vegetable oil spray
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3 slices
Preheat your oven’s broiler. Lightly spray a rectangular glass or stoneware baking dish with canola or vegetable oil spray.
Place squash slices across the bottom of the dish. Squeeze lemon over the slices and then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, and black pepper. Broil until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Remove the squash from the oven and arrange it on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with spinach and strips of provolone cheese. Serve hot.