- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free croutons
In a blender, combine the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, hot pepper sauce and half of the tomatoes; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the onion, cucumber, green pepper and remaining tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled.
Garnish with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.