FAN4Kids has made a profound impact on the children we teach every year since our inception in 2004. Our year-long fitness and nutrition program not only increases our students knowledge, it changes their lifestyle habits. The consistent results every year are improved behaviors and health of our students and their families. Our schools also benefit as the culture of the FAN4Kids schools becomes one of wellness and healthy habits.
FAN4Kids has developed well-researched metrics to measure the success of our program. Check out the compelling data in our 2014-15 annual report.
Our data shows:
- FAN4Kids has reduced the rates of obese and overweight children in our program by as much as 13% in 9 months!
- Increases in the amount of fruits and vegetables eaten by our students. 66% of parents reported an increase in veggie consumption!
- 76% of parents reported an increase in physical activity for both students and families.
- Improvement in students’ cardiovascular function. In a timed shuttle run (in September and again in May), the number of laps completed by students increased by 30% in the May test.
- Improvements in classroom focus and behavior by FAN4Kids students. Classroom disturbances following FAN4Kids recess decreased by 39% compared to non-FAN4Kids days.
- Significant improvement or maintenance in the Body Mass Index (BMI) of obese/overweight students.
- Improvement in students’ cardiovascular function.
- FAN4Kids parents report that their children are positively influencing their families’ health habits.
- Our students and their families are making improved nutritional choices.